Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) Training Course
Learn about methods used to assess the quality of a measurement system, and to understand the sources of variation present and the impact on the mea su rement result.
This one-day course provides an overview of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), and the approaches used to analyse both attribute and variable measurements systems defined in the Measurement Systems Analysis reference manual.
Who should attend?
Anyone supporting the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process especially those involved in gage design, process measurement and initial process studies to support new product and process introduction.
What will you learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the correct measurement systems analysis tool to use when evaluating measurement systems
- Identify whether a measurement system is acceptable for its intended use
- Identify the different sources of variation present in a measurement system
- Identify, stability, bias, linearity, repeatability and reproducibility
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Analyse both variable and attribute gages
- Conduct stability studies, bias studies and linearity studies
- Conduct repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R) studies on variable measurement systems
- Conduct measurement systems study on attribute measurement systems using risk analysis methods
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the statistical properties of measurement systems
- Understand how measurement systems errors can affect the quality of the output data leading to incorrect decisions
- Understand the different approaches used for both attribute and variable measurement systems
- Understand the sources of measurement systems error
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- IATF 16949:2016 Requirements Training Course OR
- IATF 16949:2016 Transition Training Course
What's included in course fee?
- Refreshments and Lunch
- Delegate Course Material
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)