Masterclass: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Systems
Course Aim: This masterclass will provide you with in-depth insight, enabling you to implement, maintain and improve the more challenging technical aspects of a business continuity management system (BCMS), based on ISO 22301:2019 and related standards in the 22300 series.
Course Description: A masterclass is a five-day advanced training course that will give you a deeper understanding of management systems.
By developing this expertise, you’ll be better equipped to implement the more challenging technical aspects of a management system standard or discipline. You’ll also have the competence to improve an existing management system by evaluating the effectiveness of its implementation.
The masterclass explores key clause requirements, concepts and principles - as well as related standards and guidance.
This masterclass will provide you with the knowledge and skills to implement, maintain and improve the more technical aspects of a business continuity management (BCM) system.
Using short presentations, discussions, self-reflection and classroom activities, this masterclass will delve into deeper technical areas, requirements and concepts than would be covered in an on ISO 22301:2019 Lead Implementer training course.
Who should attend?
This masterclass is for anyone involved in the detailed technical management and improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301:2019. It is suitable for many roles including:
- Business continuity or enterprise risk managers and professionals who are seeking to gain new perspectives in BCMS practices
- Consultants who have desire to take their business continuity knowledge to an advanced level
- Business continuity management system practitioners
- Crisis management team members
- Incident and emergency response team members
- Disaster recovery team members
- Anyone working within business continuity
Please note: If you’re more interested in the process of implementation, you will find our Implementation course more appropriate. If you’re leading an implementation team and want to learn about the requirements, process and project management aspects of the implementation of a BCMS, our Lead Implementer course is more suitable.
Prerequisites: You’ll need a working knowledge of business continuity management. You should ideally have good knowledge of ISO 22301:2019 and the key principles and processes of a BCMS – either by attending our Requirements course (or equivalent) or direct experience.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Explain business continuity (BC), ISO 22301:2019 requirements and related standards
- Discuss legal and regulatory requirements, process categorization and BCMS scope
- Describe business impact analysis (BIA)
- Explain recovery time objectives (RTO), maximum tolerable period of disruption (MTPD), and prioritization
- Identify, analyze and evaluate BC risks in alignment with guidance standards
- Define requirements of BC plans and procedures
- Communicate the importance of exercising and develop an exercise programme
- Determine metrics and KPIs and evaluate performance of a BCM
You’ll have the skills to:
- Determine and monitor legal and regulatory requirements
- Categorize processes and determine the scope of a BCMS
- Establish a BC risk management process
- Establish and implement a BIA process
- Determine BC strategies and solutions for prioritized processes
- Review and establish BC processes, procedures and business continuity plans (BCP)
- Evaluate BC documentation and capabilities and establish performance metrics
How will I benefit?
This masterclass will help you to:
- Gain an understanding of effective business continuity management throughout an organization, and therefore how to continue the critical services during or after disruptions
- Understand how to maintain and improve a robust BCMS in alignment with ISO 22301:2019
- Learn the good practice techniques contained in a BCMS in alignment with templates produced on these practices
- Gain hands on experience and learn about different perspectives on managing a BCMS
- Gain a deeper understanding on how to establish critical business continuity processes and to implement business impact analysis (BIA) in alignment with ISO 22313 (Societal security - Guidance on global best practice to organizations implementing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and ISO 22317 (Guidelines for business impact analysis (BIA)) guidance standards
- Maintain, improve and manage a BCMS
- Create the framework for your own BCMS
- Explore different perspectives of managing a BCMS which can lead to increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Detailed course notes and lunch provided
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate