BIM Process and Procedures Training Course
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is changing how buildings and infrastructure are planned, designed, built and managed. Grasp the key processes and procedures of delivering successful build projects, in line with UK Government’s requirements and industry best practice.
Understanding the strategic management and technical drivers in utilizing BIM creates value for the end user and those involved in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of projects.
Develop your knowledge and skill-set by understanding both the management processes and technical ability needed to work in a BIM Environment. You’ll gain insight into applying BIM best practice procedures and learn how to effectively manage projects and individual requirements to BIM Level 2.
The topics will include detailed explanations of processes and procedures, in line with PAS 1192-2 and the roles and responsibilities that align to these objectives allowing you to deliver business value at every step of the process.
Who should attend?
All construction industry professionals that require the knowledge and understanding of processes and procedures to deliver projects in line with BIM Level 2.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Skills required to be able to deliver projects to BIM Level 2
- Assessing the supply chain to see if they have the skills and knowledge to deliver BIM
- The relevance of ISO 9001 in relation to BIM
- ISO 55000 and PAS 55: Strategies toward Asset Management
- Creating and using documents such as the BIM Protocol, BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and the Master Information Delivery Plan (MIDP)
- Legal and contractual implications of BIM and how they may affect your projects
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the basic principles, processes and procedures of BIM
- Execute the core principles and achieve Level 2 BIM in your projects
- Create your own template documents, including the BIM Execution Plan
- Gain a better understanding of the relationship between design, construction, facilities and asset management to provide better solutions for your clients
- Know what to look for when being appointed and how BIM affects your contracts
- Training course notes
- An internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)