Anti-bribery Management System (ISO 37001:2016) Requirements Training Course
Bribery undermines democracy and the rule of law and poses serious threats to sustained economic progress in developed and emerging economies and to the proper operation of free markets more generally. As there is an increasing focus on bribery, business reputation, sustainability and growth are at stake. The effects of bribery are felt globally and acts of bribery incur significant criminal sanctions.
An ISO 37001:2016 anti-bribery management system (ABMS) can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for prohibiting, preventing, detecting and reporting bribery.
UK Bribery Act 2010 has been established as a gold standard to effectively prosecute and prevent bribery in relation to UK companies operating domestically and overseas. This British standard has been developed in response to the need to show that organizations have “adequate procedures” in place to demonstrate reasonable and proportional measures have been taken to prevent bribery.
Led by an experienced tutor, this course introduces the concepts of anti-bribery, explains the benefits of an ABMS and the key requirements and context of ISO 37001:2016. It’s applicable to all organizations including the public, private and voluntary/non-for-profit sectors.
This course was developed in association with the City of London Police, Economic Crime and Fraud Training Academy.
Who should attend?
Anyone with responsibility for anti-bribery management including:
- Those with responsibilities for ethical behavior, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, anti-bribery measures, human resources, procurement and those managing/selecting business associates especially if operating in high risk bribery environments.
- Those with responsibility for enforcement activities
- Internal and external management systems auditors who are new to ABMS
- Those interested in finding out more about bribery and an ABMS
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts of bribery
- Explain the background, structure and intent of ISO 37001:2016
- Interpret the requirements for “adequate procedures” contained within ISO 37001:2016
- Explain how anti-bribery management fits into your organization
- Demonstrate the business benefits of implementing an effective ABMS
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act management system approach and how it relates to ISO 37001:2016
- Understand why it is important to prevent bribery
- Recognize how a ABMS can help to reduce or eliminate bribery
- Become familiar with the key requirements of BS 10500
- Know what to do next when planning for an ABMS
- Increase your knowledge of anti-bribery practices and an ABMS
- Course Folder
- Pen and Notepad
- Certificate of attendance