Also called pen testing, it is the practice of testing a computer system, network or web application to find vulnerabilities that an attacker could exploit, simulating an attack against an organization's IT assets.
Our experienced professional penetration testers, also known as ethical hackers, examine IT systems for any weaknesses that could be used by an attacker to disrupt the confidentiality, availability or integrity of a network and associated data.
What are the goals of a penetration test?
- Determine feasibility of a particular set of attack vectors
- Identify any vulnerabilities which are present
- Identify vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to detect with automated network or application vulnerability scanning software
- Assess the potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks
- Test the ability of network defenders to detect and respond to attacks
- Justify increased investment in security personnel and technology