Date: 20 October 2021
Time: 10.00 - 12.30 UK time
What’s this webinar about?
For ease of use, the stone, concrete and other specialist paving industries have collaborated to consolidate the formerly 12-part BS 7533
series into three code of practice standards on the use of clay, concrete and natural stone paving units in pavement design, construction and maintenance.
This webinar will explain how the series is being reconfigured; introduces the main technical changes in the first new standard in the series: BS 7533-101:2021
; and adds further value with presentations on areas including pavement design, highways engineering, and concrete, stone and clay as paving materials.
Who should attend the webinar?
- Public and private sector designers
- Suppliers and contractors employed by county, district and unitary councils
- UK local authorities, highway authorities and rail authorities and their supply chains
- Metropolitan authorities such as TfL, Highways England, Transport Scotland, the National Assembly for Wales and the Department for Regional Development Northern Ireland
- Airport owners, and their planners and environmental specialists for their landside operations that make extensive use of modular paving
- Architects for commercial and residential developments
What will participants gain?
- Expert insights about paving design and materials
- A better understanding of the new structure of the BS 7533 series
- A clear explanation of the main technical changes in, and benefits of, BS 7533-101:2021
- A post-event copy of the webinar presentations and a recording
10:00 - 10:05 Welcome and introduction - Gavin Jones, Standards Development Manager - Built Environment, British Standards Institution
10:05 - 10:20 Describing the standard traffic categorisations, and overlay options - Ian Walsh, Director and Senior Consultant, Road Consultants Ltd
10:20 - 10:35 The standard, a guide to design for the master planner, architect and landscape architect and how it differs from the previous version - Philip Crichton, Specification and Technical Consultant, Steintec tuffbau
10:35 - 10:50 The use of concrete - Colin Nessfield FICT, Technical and Product Association Manager, MPA British Precast
10:50 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:15 The use of clay - Alex Patrick-Smith, Managing Director, Dreadnought Tiles & Ketley Brick
11:15 - 11:30 The use of natural stone - Michael Heap, Chairman, CED Ltd
11:30 - 11:45 Bedding, and jointing options for bound and unbound in the context of the different materials and where they are used - David Burton, Chief Executive Officer, tuffbau International
11:45 - 12:00 How the engineer will use the standard, their user journey, and the foundation upon which the upper layers can be designed - Thomas Emerton, Pavement Engineering Manager, Marshalls plc
12:00 - 12:30 Q&A session facilitated by Gavin Jones
12:30 End of the webinar
To learn how the widely-used BS 7533 series is changing and more besides, please book your place at the paving webinar now.