CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) v2.11 training course
This course CPIA course leads to the CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) examination, which is an entry level qualification that tests a candidate’s knowledge on all three subject areas of network intrusion, host intrusion and malware reverse engineering at a basic level below that of the main CRIA and Certified qualifications. This course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practicing professional. This is the first cross discipline course of its' kind that covers the essential knowledge and skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks, Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into seven modules:
- Module 1: Soft skills and incident handling
- Module 2: Core technical skills
- Module 3: Background information gathering and open source
- Module 4: Network intrusion analysis
- Module 5: Analysing host intrusions
- Module 6: Reverse engineering malware
- Module 7: CPIA exam preparation and mock exam
How will I benefit?
- Have a knowledge in all three subject areas of network intrusion, host intrusion and malware reverse engineering at a basic level below that of the main Registered and Certified qualifications
- Be exam ready
- Comprehensive course materials
- Certificate of attendance