Certified Network Defender (CND) training course
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program developed by the EC Council. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the protect, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of whitepapers for additional learning.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who is involved in network operations
- Network administrators
- Network security administrators
- Network security engineer
- Network defence technicians
- CND analyst
- Security analyst
- Security operator
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into thirteen modules:
- Module 1: Computer network and defense fundamentals
- Module 2: Network security threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Module 3: Network security controls, protocols, and devices
- Module 4: Physical security
- Module 5: Host security
- Module 6: Secure firewall configuration and management
- Module 7: Secure IDS configuration and management
- Module 8: Secure VPN configuration and management
- Module 9: Wireless network defense
- Module 10: Network traffic monitoring and analysis
- Module 11: Network risk and vulnerability management
- Module 12: Data backup and recovery
- Module 13: Network incident response and management
How will I benefit?
- You'll learn how to protect, detect and respond to network attacks
- Have an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- You will be able to implement secure VPN implementation for your organization
- Learn how to design and implement various security policies for your organization
- Comprehensive course materials
- Certificate of attendance