Understanding ISO/PAS 45005 safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic training course
Learn how to embed safe working practices across your organization by following ISO/PAS 45005 – General Guidelines for Safe working during COVID-19 pandemic, enabling you to:
- Take effective action to protect workers and other relevant interested parties from the risks related to COVID-19
- Take a systematic approach to addressing risks related to COVID-19
- Put in place a framework to enable effective and timely adaptation to the changing situation
You’ll gain an understanding of the background to ISO/PAS 45005 General Guidelines for Safe Working. The course covers the main recommendations for safe working based on hygiene, social distancing and other measures to keep your workers, clients, customers and others safe.
This course will give you an understanding of effective COVID-19 risk management in the workplace using the standard ISO/PAS 45005 – General Guidelines for Safe working during COVID-19 pandemic.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who is involved in supporting your organization:
- To keep operating throughout the pandemic
- Resume or planning to resume operations following full or partial closure
- Who are re-occupying workplaces that have been fully or partially closed
- To operate for the first time (a new organization/site)
This may include operational, health and safety, business continuity, facility and human resource teams.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course, but it would be helpful for you to have a health and safety management system and understand ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to explain:
- What communicable diseases are and how they are spread
- The impact of communicable diseases and pandemics
- The COVID-19 virus
- How you can minimize the risks associated with communicable diseases and specifically COVID-19
- The main recommendations for Safe working during COVID 19 including hygiene, social distancing, PPE and psychological health
- The role of leadership and need for evaluating the effectiveness of the measures introduced
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO/PAS 45005:2020 Occupational health and safety management - Safe working during COVID-19 pandemic
- Keep working or return to work
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for your workers
- Provide assurance to clients, customers and other stakeholders that your premises are safe
- Comply with locally mandated rules associated with COVID-19
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.