Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Training Course
APQP – Advanced Product Quality Planning is the new product and process design and development cycle that starts with a concept and ends with product and process validation, PPAP. It addresses the iSO 9001:2008 and ISO/TS 16949:2009 requirements for planning found in Section 7.1 and automotive sector-specific customer requirements.
The APQP methodology for includes five sequenced phases that identify the tasks and activities that are needed to ensure that customer requirements are identified and satisfied. The phases for APQP are :
- Phase One – Plan and Define (concept)
- Phase Two - Design and Development of the Product
- Phase Three – Design and Development of the Process
- Phase Four – Product and Process Validation
- Phone Five - Feedback Assessments and Corrective Action
This course teaches participants how to use advanced product quality planning to take new product development process from design concept to a successful launch. This course covers the fundamentals of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and utilizes the methodology described in the AIAG -APQP Reference Manual. This course provides an overview of the APQP methodology.
Who should attend to the training?
Those who have responsibility for development and introduction of new products or a new product realization process. Additionally, program / product managers, quality managers, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, APQP team members and others who have responsibility for process standardization and improvement can benefit from this seminar.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
- Explain the role of planning in the quest for quality
- Explain the importance of the APQP process and its benefits
- Explain the process of a timing plan.
- Identity the basic steps in launch the APQP process for new products and processes
- Describe the five phase approach to quality planning
- Explain the role of a multi-disciplinary team in the planning process
- Explain how to track concern resolution and improvemen
Benefits for your organization
Implementation of an effective APQP Process ensures that the organization has designed and developed products and processes that that are capable and provides for input to the continual improvement of the planning process.
What's included in the training?
- Training pack (training materials, BSI pen, training course note)