Quality Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course - IRCA Certified Course (A17070)
Learn the principles and practices of effective quality management system audits compliant with ISO 9001 and ISO 19011, “Guidelines for auditing management systems” - emphasizing your ability to conduct 2nd party assessments of suppliers and sub-contractors. Let experienced BSI tutors guide you through the entire audit process, from initiating the audit through to conducting audit follow-up with this International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified course.
Over 5 days, you’ll develop auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, open forum discussions with a written examination on your final day.
Who should attend to the training?
“The trainer was excellent; he is so captivating and keeps you engaged throughout making it a really enjoyable experience.” - Claire Pressdee-Collins, Ofcom
- Quality professionals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and/or third-party audits
- Management representatives
- Quality managers and directors
What will I learn in the training?
Knowledge - You will be able to describe the purpose of:
- a QMS
- of QMS standards
- of management system audits
- of third-party certification
- the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021where appropriate)
Skills - You will learn the skills to:
- And follow up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
Prior to attending you will be expected to have:
- Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 (gained through attending a requirements /Introduction course or equivalent)
It will help your learning if you have previous management system auditing experience e.g. internal auditing. If you are concerned that you do not have the prerequisite knowledge, please contact our training experts who can help you.
How will my organization benefit by the training?
- Your company will be able to check its conformance with the requirements of ISO 9001
- Your business will have in-house knowledge and skills to undertake and lead a quality management systems audit at a supplier/subcontractor
- Your organization will benefit having the ability to conduct regular ISO 9001 audits to improve quality standards
What's included in the training?
- A copy of the standard BS EN ISO 9001: 2008
- Certificate of attendance
- Training pack (training materials, BSI pen, training course note, BSI IRCA bag)