Fundamentals, Requirement, and Key of Auditing ISO 55001:2014
This 5 days course starts with an overview of asset management, what it is and what it can do for an organization. It shares the latest thinking, processes, methods and tools in joined up management of any types of asset. The effective management of assets is becoming increasingly important to organizations and their interested parties. This comprehensive one-day course explores in depth the organizational implications of the international standard for asset management (ISO 55001:2014). The course aim is to explain the main requirements of ISO 55001:2014 and its organizational benefits. This course provides key guidance and practical experience in planning, executing, and reporting management system audits of asset management.This innovative course also provides a solid foundation in key aspects of the audit process. Delegates are taken through a structured programme that includes a balance of theory and practice using a combination of collaborative learning and practical activities.
Who should attend?
- Any person with an interest or responsibility for physical or other assets, decision making, planning, risk management, resourcing, operations, technical services, information support, budgeting, quality management or organizational development. IT and corporate security managers
- All personnel who are/will be coordinating internal audit activities within your organization
- Persons who have been given the responsibility to lead management system audits against the requirements of ISO 55001
- Existing asset management auditors who wish to refresh their skills
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize and be able to apply asset management terminology, definitions and principles
- Identify and manage the expectations of stakeholders with respect to asset management• Become familiar with internationally recognized asset management methodologies and good practices
- Appreciation of the structured approaches available for the improvement of value realization from assets
- What is Asset management and why it is important to an organization
- The benefits of a management system for asset management• The key terms, concepts and principles of ISO 55001:2014
- The main requirements of ISO 55001:2014
- Explain the principles of auditing to ISO 55001:2014
- Introduce and apply a four theme approach to assessing the elements of ISO 55001 and their integration
- Prepare and conduct asset management audits
- Recognize the role of maturity models for continual improvement in asset management
How will I benefit?
- A clear understanding of asset management terminology and its correct usage
- Appreciation of asset management practices, activities and methodologies
- Recognition of the value obtainable from the integrated approach to the life cycle and risk-based management of assets]
- To identify opportunities to maximize the value realized from the organization’s assets through the effective application of a management system that meets the requirements of BS ISO 55001.
- Appropriately trained auditors will bring added value to the audit process
- More efficient and effective auditing process against the requirements of ISO 55001:2014
- Your organization will be better placed to achieve and maintain compliance with the international standard for asset management
- Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate by BSI
- Training Kit