BS 10012:2017 Senior Management Briefing
As a leader, your commitment and support is crucial to the success of your organization’s Personal Information Management System (PIMS) as part of the overall information governance infrastructure. This executive session highlights the benefits of an effective PIMS and introduces you to the key requirements of BS 10012:2017. Through this, you’ll gain a better understanding of both your organization’s obligations and your personal responsibilities. Upon completion, you’ll be able to develop action plans for implementing key leadership activities
Who should attend?
Senior managers of organizations currently involved in the data protection update to GDPR or implementing or running BS 10012
What will I learn?
During this session you will learn about:
- Leadership responsibilities in line with the BS 10012 framework
- Context, potential risks and opportunities
- Setting the policy and direction of your organization’s PIMS
- Considerations for integrating the PIMS into business processes, strategy and decision making
- Methods to demonstrate active leadership in ensuring requirements are met
- The correlation between BS 10012 and the EU GDPR
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Demonstrate your organization’s commitment to data protection requirements and good practice
- Ensure data protection objectives are established at all levels and functions
- Allocate resources for the implementation or development of your PIMS
- Participate in improvement projects and show support by leading by example
- Communicate the importance of meeting customer and regulatory requirements
- Detailed course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate