BS 10012:2017 +A1:2018 Implementation Training Course
BS 10012:2017 is the British Standard which specifies requirements for a PIMS which provides a framework for maintaining and improving compliance with data protection requirements and good practice. The 2017 edition of BS 10012 was written in recognition of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and closely aligns with the Regulation. In 2018, some small amendments were made as a result of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 coming into force and the Standard became BS:10012:2017+A1:2018. This course covers those amendments.
By attending this two-day course, you’ll understand how to implement a PIMS based on BS 10012:2017. Using a step-by-step approach with the aid of a toolkit, you’ll learn how to develop an implementation plan, carry out the necessary implementation activities and develop the necessary documentation.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn:
- How to implement a PIMS which meets the requirements of BS 10012:2017
- What techniques and methods can be used in order to effectively implement a BS 10012 framework in readiness for certification
The course is applicable to anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising a BS 10012:2017 compliant PIMS.
What will I learn?
By the end of the training course, you will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize a continual improvement framework for implementing BS 10012:2017
- Interpret key concepts and requirements of BS 10012:2017 from an implementation perspective
- Identify the benefits specific to your organization by implementing an effective PIMS or enhancing your current PIMS
- Prepare for third party certification
You will develop skills to:
- Conduct a baseline review of an organization’s current position against the requirements of BS 10012:2017
- Create and support the implementation of an action plan
- Implement key requirements of BS 10012:2017
How will I benefit?
By attending this BSI training course, you’ll:
- Become familiar with a robust framework for implementing a PIMS based on BS 10012:2017
- Understand how BS 10012:2017 can be used to assist in managing and reducing risks around personal information
- Gain a sound basis to focus your implementation efforts so that it benefits you and your organization
- Increase your knowledge of BS 10012:2017 key concepts and requirements
- Develop the skills to conduct a baseline review of your organization’s current compliance with BS 10012:2017 and develop an implementation plan
- Understand how BS 10012:2017 aligns with the key privacy principles of the GDPR
- Understand the roles individuals and top management will need to play
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate