Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) training course
Get global recognition as a data protection professional with our Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) course. This 2 day training course encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The CIPP/E program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPP/E certification holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect in 2018, are you ready for it? Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe - and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
What will I learn?
- Module 1: Data Protection laws
- Module 2: Personal data
- Module 3: Roles and relationships of controllers and processors
- Module 4: Processing personal data
- Module 5: Information provision
- Module 6: Data subjects' rights
- Module 7: Security or processing
- Module 8: Accountability
- Module 9: International data transfers
- Module 10: Supervisions and enforcement
- Module 11: Compliance
How will I benefit?
- You'll have an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Feel confident with the essential privacy concepts and principals and legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Be familiar with the key areas of CIPP/E required for the exam
- You'll have practical experience to apply concepts and achieve a best practice privacy program
- Be skilled to help your organization have resilience with personal data management and data flow between different countries