Introduction to the Cloud Security and CSA STAR Certification
This course is now available online
Increasing numbers of organizations recognize the benefits of outsourcing all or part of their information technology needs to cloud service providers.
Many cloud service providers will hold ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System certification, but does this go far enough for your cloud security needs?
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), in conjunction with BSI, has developed the CSA STAR certification scheme for cloud service providers.
This one day course provides insight into the fundamentals of cloud computing, its advantages and disadvantages. It provides an insight into how CSA STAR certification can help you decide whether to outsource your services to a cloud service provider, by giving you confidence that the cloud service provider has been independently assessed by an external certification body.
Who is it for?
Those responsible for implementing and managing cloud services within their organization, or those with information security responsibilities.
Suggested job roles include:
- Quality managers
- IT managers
- Information security officers
- Information security consultants
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Distinguish the different cloud services available to organizations
- Recognize the potential risks of using cloud services
- Determine who the CSA are and what the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) is
- Summarize where ISO/IEC 27001 fits with in with the CCM
- Describe the advantages of being a CSA STAR certified cloud service provider
What are the benefits?
- Obtain an overview of the cloud and cloud services
- Recognize the need for adequate security when using cloud services
- Be aware of how the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) can be used to assess cloud security compliance and robustness of your cloud security operations
- Apprehend the role of ISO/IEC 27001 certification in CSA STAR Certification
- Appreciate how CSA STAR certification can provide clients with confidence
- You will gain 8 CPD points on completing the course
- Lunch and refreshments
- Course notes
- Certificate of attendance