Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor
The primary objective of this course is to instruct OH&S auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance with the national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to OH&S requirements. Delegates will be assessed in two different ways, a written examination and a continuous assessment of the attitude and performance of the delegate.
Who should attend ?
It is recommended that delegates should have some prior knowledge of OH&S management systems standards and auditing. However, this is not mandatory as this course is intended for those who are relatively new to management systems auditing, but who have some occupational health and safety background.
What will I learn ?
- The purpose and scope of an OH&S management system
- Introduction to risk management principles and processes
- Audit requirements of OHSAS 18001
- Development of audit strategies
- Planning and conducting an audit in line with:
- Relevant OH&S audit criteria
- ISO 19011
- Nonconformity and audit reports
- Follow up audit activities
Benefits to Your Business
Following the implementation of an OH&S management system, effective auditing of business processes and practices helps to identify areas of conformity as well as areas requiring improvement. Delegates will develop effective auditing skills and knowledge of current best practice to aid continual improvement through focussed OH&S audits.