Internal Auditor to ISO 39001
A road traffic safety management system (RTSMS) based on ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing road safety risks, evaluating their impact, and developing the capability to achieve results that meet objectives and contribute to the welfare of employees and societal goals.
The framework of an RTSMS, with a robust internal audit process, can ensure that your organization consistently evaluates its RTS performance. This will help to drive continual improvement in an area of risk that can be devastating for those affected by road traffic incidents. Internal audits also help to prepare for independent audits undertaken by customers or certification bodies.
This course will develop the knowledge and skills required to undertake a thorough audit of your RTSMS. Using practical exercises, group activities and class discussions, an experienced instructor will guide you through the principles and practice of auditing and their application in the auditing of ISO 39001 RTSMS
Who should attend ?
- Those with responsibilities for transport planning, fleet management, occupational health and safety, human resources
- Those with responsibility for road safety management and enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors who are new to RTSM and auditing RTSMS
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about RTSM
What will I learn ?
- Explain the key auditing requirements of ISO 39001
- Plan an RTSMS audit
- Undertake a RTSMS audit
- Report the audit findings
- Conduct audit follow-up and closeout
Benefits to Your Business
- Establish the effectiveness of the RTSMS in your organization
- Demonstrate commitment to managing the risks associated with effective RTSM to your customers and other interested parties
- Prepare for independent audits
- Develop skills in auditing ISO 39001