Implementing ISO 39001
Organizations of all types and sizes have a role to play in road traffic safety, aiming to reduce serious injury and death in road traffic incidents.
A Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS), based upon ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing your responsibilities and interactions with the road traffic system.
The starting point for success lies in implementing a robust RTSMS that delivers results exceeding those achieved through mere compliance with law and regulations.
In this 2 day course an experienced instructor will guide you through an implementation of an effective RTSMS, using a combination of practical exercises, group activities and class discussions. A take-home Reference Toolkit will also be provided containing useful documents and information that can be referenced and used during your organization’s implementation process.
Who should attend ?
- Fleet management and local authority personnel
- Enforcement authorities, emergency services, occupational health and safety advisors
- Human resource staff
- Internal and external management systems auditors who are new to RTSM and auditing RTSMS
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about the implementation of RTSMS
What will I learn ?
- Recognize key management system concepts and in particular ISO 39001
- Identify the benefits specific to their organization in relation to implementing an effective RTS management system
- Identify a typical framework for implementing ISO 39001 following the PDCA cycle
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 from an implementation perspective in the context of their organization
- Implement key elements of ISO 39001
- Conduct a base line review of the organizations current position with regard to ISO 39001
Benefits to Your Business
- Learn about the new road traffic safety standard and how it can benefit your organization
- Position your organization for a successful implementation of a Road Traffic Safety Management System
- Improve confidence in your organization as a responsible party involved in road traffic systems
- Increase your RTSMS knowledge
- Gain the confidence to implement an RTSMS