Lawrence Davies is a Tutor within BSI’s UK Training department. He has over 35 years’ experience in management systems standards, including assessment, training and business management.
After his career in finance and automotive sectors, Lawrence joined BSI as a Tutor at the beginning of 2009.
Lawrence has extensive working knowledge of ISO 9001 and the Automotive Sector derivative – IATF 16949 together with the Core Tools. Lawrence has a good working understanding of Lean Six Sigma. Lawrence was an NVQ assessor for the Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) programme. Lawrence is principal tutor for Asset Management related activities - ISO 55001 and he is also one of BSI’s principal tutors for ISO 44001 – Collaborative Business Relationships.
Work experience highlights
- Principal Trainer and Trainer of Trainers in Automotive Management Systems for one of the Automotive “majors” in Europe
- Developed, implemented and audited numerous management systems conforming to ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO/TS16949 and Core Tools over many years
- Trained Automotive Supplier Quality Assurance engineers in Management Systems and auditing
- Developed programme and trained Jaguar Cars Six Sigma Black Belts in Financial Principles
- Author of several articles on Management Systems in various publications
- 35+ years’ management systems experience , including implementation and auditing
- Various sectors including 15 years in Corporate Finance and 20+ years in the Automotive sector
- BSc(Hons) Mathematics and Economics
- BSI Lead Assessor
- Prince 2 Foundation
- NVQ Assessor