Gordon Lawson is a Management Systems Tutor for BSI’s UK Training department. He has over 25 years’ experience of implementing and managing Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems in a variety of Industries including Polymer Processing, Automotive, and Aerospace. He has held various management positions and has been a BAB accredited freelance consultant.Gordon has spent most of his career in manufacturing industry in various technical and systems management positions in medium and large international companies. Previously he established his own consultancy company providing consultancy and training to blue chip manufacturing organisations.
Gordon has extensive working knowledge of a wide range of ISO and other management system standards, including OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 50001, ISO 39001, and Greenhouse gas verification.
Work experience highlights
- Identifying customer needs and developing customer specific training courses to meet their requirements
- Managing the implementation and third party certification against various Management systems standards
- 25 years’ auditing and management systems experience , including implementation
- Polymer processing, quality, health and safety and environment management
- Consultancy and training
- Polymer processing
- B.Sc. Polymer Science and Technology
- NEBOSH Certificate (distinction)
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- Statistical Process Control