Manager as Coach
The Manager as Coach programme is a proven integrated coaching training programme for managers which will enable line managers to coach effectively and embed best practice in workplace coaching.
Who should attend?
- Managers who are wanting to enhance their coaching skills
What will I learn?
This course will:
- Introduce the concept of coaching for line managers
- Enable managers to have more effective and productive conversations with colleagues and staff
- Give managers the skills to have workplace conversations that allow for individual ownership, responsibility and personal discretionary effort
- Help managers create an environment of high engagement and performance at work
- Provide a basic understanding of the inter-personal dynamics in the coaching relationship and how these affect coaching effectiveness
- Explain how to use more directive interventions such as feedback, challenge and offering ideas in the context of a coaching conversation
How will I benefit?
By the end of the programme, delegates will:
- Be equipped with a basic understanding of coaching in the workplace
- Have the fundamental coaching skills to manage more effectively
- Have an appreciation of why and how non-directive coaching is a powerful and effective way of helping others to develop and increase their performance at work
What is included?
- Detailed course notes