This course is aimed at introducing the concept of workplace coaching to managers and providing them with some core skills to start coaching their staff.
Who should attend?
- Managers who are looking to improve their coaching skills
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- Introduce the concept of workplace coaching to managers who have little experience or understanding of what workplace coaching is or how it works
- Help managers appreciate the difference between leading, managing and coaching and how coaching works in practice
- Understand key skills and behaviours and the range of approaches
- Understand how to use the GROW model
- Understand the key elements of effective feedback
- Appreciate and use key questioning skills
- Understand the concept of Following Interest and the Model T structure
How will I benefit?
By the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Be equipped with a basic understanding of coaching in the workplace
- Will have an appreciation of why and how coaching is a powerful and effective way of increasing their performance
- Discover how to start making the best use of coaching opportunities
What is included?
- Detailed course notes