Using BIM to manage assets: Putting PAS 1192-3 into practice training course
Building information modelling is mainly thought of as a process to improve the delivery of construction projects, there are also massive benefit opportunities from using BIM as part of the asset management process. Indeed, some would argue that the benefits for asset management are even greater than for project management.
PAS 1192-3:2014 is part of the UK Government definition of BIM Level 2, and is part of the requirement to use digital information on all projects by 2016.
Combine this training course with our other master classes and receive a discount. Find out more >
Who should attend?
- Anyone with responsibility for managing built assets who wants to use information management at BIM Level 2 to improve the cost and operational effectiveness of their asset management function
- Those in the supply chain who are being asked, or expect to be asked, to manage and supply asset information in accordance with BIM Level 2
What will I learn?
- Deriving information requirements from the asset management strategy and plans
- The Common Data Environment, incorporating work-in-progress, shared information, published information and the archive
- Responsibilities of the asset owner or operator
How will I benefit?
This one day training course is presented by a lead author of PAS 1192-3, it has been designed to help all types of asset owners, operators and maintainers to put the requirements of PAS 1192-3 into practice.
- Detailed training course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate