Strategic understanding of BIM
To give construction project and built asset decision makers a strategic understanding of the business case and other benefits of BIM to their organization, their clients/stakeholders and supply chains. To convey the importance of establishing clear purposes/use cases for BIM and enacting these through clear processes and information requirements.
This course will give delegates an understanding the impact of digitization, lean and collaborative approaches on the delivery and use of built assets.
Delegates will appreciate the importance of setting clear purposes and setting priorities for how these are achieved within an implementation strategy.
Highlight the importance of placing BIM within the current and future project delivery and asset management processes, and information flows, and understanding the principal roles and functions involved.
This course will also provide a review of the business cases and drivers for change across construction and operation of built assets.
Who should attend?
- Chief officers, directors, senior partners with project and portfolio responsibilities.
Delegates looking to attend this course should have a strategic involvement with project and portfolio activities.
What will I learn?
- Explain then opportunities and benefits of digitization and lean
- Recognize how to set purposes for BIM and prioritise their implementation
- Recognize and appreciate the importance of managing work processes and information together
- Explain the business cases for BIM.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Appreciate the benefits and opportunities that BIM offers
- Identify any risks and threats associated with BIM
- Relate BIM to other industry change agendas
- Use process improvement to deliver better products and outcomes
- Develop a BIM implementation strategy
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.