BIM Information Management Training Course
Learn how to effectively manage information across all stages of construction projects utilizing Building Information Modelling (BIM).
Construction projects allow for a variety of data sources to be delivered in a variety of different formats. Traditionally, information has been disjointed, uncoordinated and often lost upon the completion of projects. BIM enables the intelligent gathering of information; effectively utilized during key stages of projects to ensure more valuable outcomes.
Information can be delivered in a variety of formats. To understand these formats, utilize their worth and ensure better communication, information management should be in line with BS 1192:2007, PAS 1192-2, PAS 1192-3 and BS 1192-4.
This course offers a deeper understanding of the delivery of Level 2 BIM and how you can ensure different information types are gathered, managed and used more efficiently across multiple projects.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in projects requiring a deeper understanding of the technical delivery of BIM within construction projects.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Basic principles of Information Management in relation to BIM
- Effective management of information across all stages of a project
- Project delivery in line with PAS 1192-2 and ensuring information is shared at all critical stages of project lifecycle
- Importance of data from the client via the Employers Information Requirements (EIR) document
- Development and requirements of the Project Information Model (PIM)
- Data relevance and collating a plan for an Asset Information Model (AIM) in line with PAS1192-3
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Grasp the practical application of BIM requirements to a client’s facilities management strategy and goals
- Advise clients on how to manage data more effectively and in turn become a desirable supply chain member for them in the future
- Create a common data environment and understand how to deliver information in line with the Design Responsibility matrix and individual supplier responsibilities
- Understand Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie)
- Learn how to utilize Industry Foundation Classes (IFC)
- Detailed training course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate