BIM Implementation Training Course
This course will help delegates in obtaining the benefits of digitization, lean and collaborative approaches on the delivery and use of built assets. Introduction to BS 1192 and collaborative working.
The methods for setting clear purposes and priorities as part of a BIM implementation strategy. Appreciation of PAS 1192-3 and BS 8536 for infrastructure and buildings will also be covered.
Upon completion delegates will also be able to assess current and future project delivery and asset management processes, and information flows, and understanding the principal roles and functions involved. Using PAS 1192-2 and BS 1192-4 (using information management processes for project delivery).
This course will also provide a review of the UK Government strategy and the tailoring of BIM strategy for specific business cases.
Who should attend?
Senior managers charged with introducing BIM processes to project delivery and asset management.
Management engagement with project and portfolio activities.
What will I learn?
- Explain the benefits gained from structured collaboration
- Recognize customer drivers for BIM and planning standardized supply-side responses
- Complete process maps to plan the smooth flow of information
- Recognize the business cases and Government strategy for BIM
- Explain the key principles in BIM standards
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Introduce collaborative working practices to your project and asset teams
- Establish an asset-focused approach to briefing, information requirements and the evaluation of outcomes
- Appreciate the steps in procuring, managing and exchanging information
- Understand customer and supply-side drivers for BIM
- Outline a BIM implementation plan
- Detailed training course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate