BIM Fundamentals Training Course
This course will provide you with an understanding of why BIM Level 2 has been adopted as a UK Government requirement and how BIM supports Lean principles to reduce waste in construction and asset management. This course will provide an overview of the standards that define BIM Level 2 and the fundamental processes of a Common Data Environment (CDE).
This course will also help you understand BIM Level 2 from the perspective of clients and customers. The role of information in managing assets and projects more efficiently and the tools defined in BIM Level 2 for this (information requirements, soft landings, asset information models).
In additional, you will understand BIM Level 2 from the perspective of designers, constructors and supply chain. Responding to the client’s information requirements (EIR). Tools used in the supply chain to manage and exchange information (CDE, COBie, IFC).
Putting BIM Level 2 into the broader context of information security, roles and responsibilities. Reflecting on the impact of BIM Level 2 for your organization and what next steps need to be taken.
Who should attend?
Anyone implementing BIM Level 2 into their organization, their own work practices, or helping their clients or supply chains implement BIM Level 2. Construction and asset management professionals (project managers, asset managers, designers, constructors, manufacturers, maintenance contractors, information managers).
What will I learn?
- The basic principles of BIM
- Explain the term 'BIM Level 2'
- Explain the value of information through all stages of a project and asset lifecycle
- Explain why BIM is a determining factor for delivering projects on time and without waste and inefficiencies
- Explain the terminology relating to BIM
- The definition of BIM and why it is important
- Demonstrate the ability to use the standards that support BIM Level 2
- Gain a general understanding of the 'Information Delivery Cycle' as outlined in PAS 1192-2 and PAS 1192-3
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the rationale behind BIM Level 2 and to put this into the context of your own organization
- Understand the range of standards, tools and other documents that define and are used to implement BIM Level 2
- Understand how BIM Level 2 helps asset owners manage asset information more effectively and helps project sponsors and project managers deliver better projects (commercially and technically)
- Understand how all types of suppliers (designers, constructors, specialists, asset contractors) respond to client requirements in BIM Level 2, and what technical tools exist to support this, including COBie and IFC
- See how BIM Level 2 provides a framework for better information security
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with BIM Level 2
- Understand what next steps you need to take to be able to manage assets or deliver projects using BIM Level 2 processes
The final session of the course gives delegates the chance to reflect on the topics covered and plan their forward actions to help them put BIM Level 2 into practice.
- Detailed training course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate