Statistical Process Control (SPC) Training Course
This one-day course provides an overview of the methodology used to evaluate a process using statistical methods, and using this information to evaluate and take action on both the process and the output from the process.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in verifying new manufacturing processes, ongoing process control and process improvement
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements related to the scope of your audit
This can be obtained through attendance of either our IATF 16949 Transition Seminar, Transition OR Requirements Training Course (or equivalent)
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify and select the appropriate control chart as defined in the Statistical Process Control reference manual
- Calculate Cp/Cpk and Pp/Ppk
- Calculate control limits
- Identify out of control conditions
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Implement control charts to evaluate process performance and process capability
- Analyse information regarding process performance and process capability
- Identify actions on the process to maintain performance or capability
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the different types of statistical methods used to evaluate performance and capability, using both variable and attribute data
- Understand the difference between capability and performance
- Understand how to conduct an initial process study for variable data
- Understand the process for the selection of control charts
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
*Terms and conditions
Applies to selected courses in the UK only. Discount applies to second and third delegates where the booking is for the same course and taking place in 2018. All bookings must be made before 31 October. Moves, changes and cancellation are not permitted. Payment required or invoice issued at the time of bookings. No refunds. Discount does not apply to BSI re-sellers or consultants. Offer not valid for online bookings; this is a telephone exclusive offer. Call our training team on 0345 086 9000 to book. To view the exact discount per course, please click here.