ISO 9001:2015 Requirements and Internal Auditing
Qualification: This course forms part of our Auditor Qualification programme. To find out more, please visit our training auditor qualifications page here.
Training provided and run by BSI, a Certification Body (CB). BSI are the National Standards Body of the United Kingdom.
In today’s fast paced environment, customers are more demanding and competition more intense. Delivering quality products and services is more crucial than ever for survival and long-term success. Having an internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) allows you to enhance organizational performance, increase customer satisfaction and gain a competitive edge.
On day 1, you will identify the structure and requirements of an effective QMS and what this means for you. Gain a thorough understanding of the history and development of ISO 9001:2015, key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
This course combines the ISO 9001:2015 Requirements and Internal Auditing training courses.
The BSI Training Academy can teach you the essential knowledge and skills an internal auditor needs, along with the areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools.
An ineffective audit can mean severe consequences - resulting in process failure, customer dissatisfaction and regulatory noncompliance. By learning to audit processes in relation to the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, you’ll optimize your auditing skills and boost your internal audit capabilities. You’ll gain confidence in planning and performing an effective audit, as well as reporting and assessing corrective action where necessary.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and effectiveness of organizational processes in relation to ISO 9001:2015. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter), performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software, product testing, information products and training). Training courses are provided by BSI as part of its non-NSB services.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
It will be useful for you to read the standard before attending the course.
“ISO 9001 has given us a framework for continual improvement and we are able to conduct our business in a more effective and efficient way.”
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Importance and benefits of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Key requirements, terms and definitions of ISO 9001:2015
- Structure of ISO 9001:2015, which incorporates the Annex SL common framework for management system standards
- Main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and 7 management principles.
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Explain the guidelines of auditing management systems according to ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
- Describe the application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 9001:2015
You’ll have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare and audit activities; complete the audit
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Audit follow-up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- Manage quality and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that quality is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain customers by meeting their current and future needs better.
- Recognize areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements for an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS) internal audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its QMS
- Write factual audit reports and assess corrective actions
- Course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.