ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Requirements and Internal Auditing
This course combines our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Requirements and Internal Auditor courses.
Our expert tutors will explain the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to help you understand how it could apply to your organization and the potential benefits of adopting it.
You will also learn how to plan, execute and report on an audit of an ISMS in an organization assessing its conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013. We'll show you how to manage the entire process end-to-end from initiating an audit to reporting on the assessment and conducting a follow-up.
Who should attend?
Those who have an interest in or are responsible for information security management, data management and protection, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, security, IT services, human resources, financial and accounting records and any business area that interacts with high risk private data.
Those who will be involved in conducting internal audits of an ISMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 in an organization.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Information security consultants
- Private data and records administration teams
What will I learn?
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- The terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are the principles of auditing conformance to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are audit activities
- How to initiate an audit
- How to prepare audit activities
- How to conduct audit activities
- How to prepare and distribute an audit report
- How to complete the audit
- How to conduct an audit follow up
How will my organization benefit?
- Your company will know what is required prior to adopting the standard
- Your business will become aware of the potential benefits of adopting the standard
- Your organization will be able to consider how adopting ISO/IEC 27001:2013 could work practically within your business
- Your company will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its ISMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of your organization's private data to meet your market assurance and corporate governance needs
- Course Folder
- Pen and Notepad
- Certificate of attendance