ISO 22301:2019 Requirements and Internal Auditing Training Course
ISO 22301:2019 is designed to help organizations understand, manage and reduce their risks around business continuity. ISO 22301:2019 provides a framework for a business continuity management system (BCMS), helping you to operate and maintain processes, capabilities and response structures for ensuring the organization will survive disruptions and provide assurance to your stakeholders. The adoption of a BCMS is intended to help an organization to continually improve its business continuity performance, fulfill legal and other requirements, and achieve its business continuity objectives.
This training combines our ISO 22301:2019 Requirements and Internal Auditing training courses.
Day one of this course will help you understand the principles of ISO 22301:2019 and the methods and techniques available to you. It will help you understand how the requirements of ISO 22301:2019 provide the basis of an effective BCMS and the roles individuals will need to play. With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about ISO 22301:2019 common terms and definitions, as well as the key concepts and requirements.
Days two and three of this course will help you learn and develop the skills necessary to conduct audits with various objectives, including assessing an organization’s ability to achieve its intended outcomes. An internal audit programme is one of 4 key assurance processes within an effective BCMS. You will develop the necessary skills to assess and report on the implementation and effectiveness of processes based on ISO 22301:2019. Using a case study BCMS, you’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising an ISO 22301:2019 BCMS.
It would be advantageous if you have a basic understanding of business continuity principles and terminology.
We also recommend delegates understand whether a BCMS is currently employed in their organizations.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Explain why a BCMS is important and how it can benefit your organization
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Recognize the key concepts and structure of ISO 22301:2019
- Identify the main requirements of ISO 22301:2019
You’ll be able to explain:
- The guidelines of management system auditing, according to ISO 19011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing a BCMS intended to conform to ISO 22301:2019
You will acquire the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Follow-up corrective actions and ‘close-out’
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective BCMS in place
- Understand the content of ISO 22301:2019 and how it will improve your business
- Identify and manage risks to business continuity
- Inspire customer and partner trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Benchmark your own business continuity management practices with recognized best practice
- Integrate ISO 22301:2019 with other management system standards
- Be able to inform your organization’s senior management of the requirements of the standard, to help them decide on the next steps to take
- Recognize the generic internal auditing requirements of management system standards with which you will be expected to comply. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated methodologies, techniques or tools
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 22301:2019 audit activities
- Identify and apply the requirements of an ISO 22301:2019 audit
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate