Crisis Management Training Course
Crisis management and crisis management planning can protect organizations against complete failure if/when a catastrophic disruption happens. This course explores sudden onset and slow onset crises caused by internal and external issues as well as methods for determining risk to use as a basis for crisis management plans. Delegates will learn about the key elements of crisis management, how to formulate a crisis management plan and how to relate the plan to other continuity plans. Practical matters including how and when to put a crisis management plan into action and determine when a crisis is over are also covered.
This training course combines presentations as well as individual and team activities designed to establish a practical understanding of the elements of crisis management, enabling you to construct, deploy and validate relevant crisis management plans.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in emergency planning and crisis management
There are no prerequisites for attending this course, however an understanding of business impact analysis, risk and business continuity would be useful.
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Describe the type of circumstances where incident and crisis management are relevant
- Explain the key features of effective Incident and Crisis Management Plans
- Identify when Incident and Crisis Management Plans should be used and when to stand down
- Demonstrate use of Crisis Management Plans to deal with a disaster
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Formulate Incident and Crisis Management Plans relevant to their organization
- Invoke and manage an incident or a crisis through the use of a Crisis Management Plan
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the distinction between crisis management, recovery and continuity
- Develop incident management and crisis management arrangements for your organization
- Manage incidents and organizational crises by following appropriate plans
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate