CQI/IRCA Certified ISO 22000:2018 Auditor Transition Training Course
This is a two day CQI/IRCA certified course, covering the changes between ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 22000:2018 on day one, followed by practically applying this knowledge to auditing skills on day two. We also offer a one day auditor transition course for those who have already attended day 1 of this course, the ISO 22000 Transition course. If you require this course instead, please click here.
With the realignment of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems to ISO’s high level structure and the increased focus on business risk, auditors will need to adapt their skillset to accommodate these new opportunities designed to improve food safety in improve organizational resilience. Ideal for CQI/IRCA qualified auditors, the two-day course includes an in-depth review of the standard on the first day, followed by audit-specific coaching on the second.
Who should attend?
ISO 22000:2005 Internal and Lead Auditors who need to transition to ISO 22000:2018.
Delegates should have an in-depth knowledge of ISO 22000:2005 and the competence to audit an ISO 22000:2005 food safety management system. Delegates do not have to have completed a CQI/IRCA certified auditor course to attend this training.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
Upon completion of the first day, delegates should gain the knowledge and understanding to:
- Explain the purpose and use of Annex SL Appendix 2 and describe a generic management system
- Communicate the new requirements relating to: Context, Leadership, Planning, Support and Operation, in Annex SL Appendix 2
- Identify the main terms and definitions in ISO 22000:2018 which differ from ISO 22000:2005
- Communicate FSMS specific requirements in ISO 22000:2018 that differ from 22000:2005
Upon completion of the second day, delegates should gain the skill to:
- Plan an audit to ISO 22000:2018
- Establish that the scope and criteria for an audit are appropriate
- Prepare an on-site audit plan that is appropriate to the organization's context and processes
- Conduct ISO 22000:2018 audits
- Audit food safety management system requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to manage meetings and audit interviews effectively with top management
- Demonstrate the ability to follow audit trails with top management
- Generate audit findings
- Demonstrate the ability to collect and verify appropriate audit evidence, including appropriate sampling
- Develop your ISO 22000:2018 auditing skill
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the key differences between ISO 22000:2005 and ISO 22000:2018
- Understand Annex SL as a framework for ISO management systems
- Understand the requirements of ISO 22000:2018
- Effectively audit ISO 22000:2018 food safety management systems
- Prepare, conduct and develop the skills for an ISO 22000:2018 audit
- Meet the CQI/IRCA Auditor Transition training requirements
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate