Service Management System (SMS) Requirements - An Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies service provider requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve a SMS to fulfill agreed service requirements.
This course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to enable them to appreciate and understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 in an organization. An experienced instructor explains the requirements, while hands-on exercises and take-home material provide the foundation upon which delegates can build their experience and develop their competence.
Who should attend?
- IT professionals
- Anyone involved in defining, planning, or implementing an ISO/IEC 20000 IT service management system
- Management representatives
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of an SMS
- Know the terms and definitions for ISO20000
- Communicate the benefits of an ISO 20000 SMS
- Describe the key processes required for an Service Management System (SMS)
- Gain an overview of the certification process
How will I benefit?
- Improved knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Enhanced ability to identify opportunities to maximize the productivity of an organization’s IT Services
- Compliance with global best practice
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- Delegates who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate by BSI