BS 10008-1:2020 Electronic Information Management System Requirements
BS 10008-1:2020 This British Standard specifies how electronically stored information (ESI) is to be managed by an organization, in an electronic information management system, to enable it to have strong evidential weight and be demonstrably trustworthy with regard to its authenticity and integrity whenever during its lifecycle it is needed to be used – whether for business, compliance, legal or other dispute resolution purposes.
This one-day course will introduce you to the principles of BS 10008-1:2020. It will help you understand how BS 10008-1:2020 has key principles of the management, storage, and transfer of ESI.
With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about the BS 10008-1:2020 standard, common terms and definitions, and the key concepts and requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, and maintaining of a BS 10008-1:2020 Electronic Information Management System.
We recommend that you have a general awareness of a EIMS and a basic understanding of Integrity and Authenticity requirements.
We also recommend that you have an understanding of whether a EIMS is currently employed in your organization.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to explain:
- What a EIMS is, why it’s important, and how it can benefit your organization
- The key terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of BS 10008-1:2020 (e.g. embedding the EIMS in an organization’s culture, addressing risks and opportunities to an EIMS and setting EIMS objectives)
- The key concepts and structure of BS 10008-1:2020
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective EIMS in place
- Understand the content of BS 10008-1:2020, your requirements, and how it will improve your business
- Identify and manage risks to ESI
- Support regulatory compliance
- Inspire customer trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Benchmark your organization’s electronic information management practices with recognized best practice
- Integrate BS 10008-1:2020 with other management system standards
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.