Aerospace Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) training course
Aerospace Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) are increasingly commonplace methodologies in the aerospace industry to manage and to improve quality, cost and delivery.
They are often integrated into project management to help ensure successful launches based on robust New Product Development processes and their use is increasingly required by Aerospace organizations.
AS9145 is a structured framework to plan and complete actions of the product realization cycle which are necessary to ensure quality product(s) are delivered on time, while satisfying cost performance targets.
This one-day training course is available in-company which means it’s dedicated to people within your organization. Your expert BSI tutor can run a virtual classroom online, so your delegates can participate from any location, or it can be run at your premises.
It provides an overview of the tools, procedures and reporting requirements specified in AS9145; detailing the critical steps in the Product Quality Planning Cycle and the role of the control plan(s).
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in APQP and PPAP activities, AS9102 First Article, AS13004 PFMEA and Control Plans, AS13003 MSA and ongoing process control and process improvement.
Please note if you've already attended the Automotive APQP or PPAP course then you shouldn't attend this course as there are many linkages between these two courses.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and AS/EN/JISQ 9100 series requirements related to the scope of your audit
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Discuss the purpose and applicability of APQP and PPAP and their importance within the aerospace sector
- Apply terms and definitions used within AS9145
- Describe the makeup of a multidiscipline project team
- Explain the APQP 5 Phase process steps in detail and how they apply to different organizations
- Demonstrate awareness of the development of control plans for different applications/scenarios
- Identify PPAP file and submission requirements including customer-specifics
How will I benefit?
This course will help you understand the:
- requirements for a successful introduction of new product
- inputs and outputs required at each step of the process
- use of the control plan as defined within AS9145
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate