Committee name: TCI/100 co-ordination of activities in textiles and clothing.
This committee is the 'parent' committee to a number of textiles committees (each with panels for specific subjects), the others being: TCI/66 apparel and interior textiles (including risks in the sleeping environment, safety of children's clothing and clothing sizing systems), TCI/69 footwear and leather, TCI/80 chemical testing of textiles, TCI/81 colour fastness and colour measurement of textiles, TCI/82 textiles care labelling, dry cleaning, domestic laundering and drying.
TCI/100 itself has two sub committees - TCI/100/1 smart textiles and TCI/100/2 community face coverings.
Committee scope: Under the direction of the standards policy and strategy committee, TCI/100 is responsible for co-ordinating the UK input to CEN/TC 248 textiles (including WG 9), ISO/TC 38 textiles and the ISO/TC 38 chairman's advisory committee.
Some current members: chairs of each of the textile committees, British Measurement and Testing Association, Society of Dyers and Colourists, UK Fashion and Textile Association and the UKTLF - UK Textile Laboratory Forum.
Key standards in progress:
- PD CEN/TS WI 00248731 circular textiles chain – requirements and categories
- BS EN ISO 2076 textiles - man-made fibres - generic names
- ISO/NP 4333 textiles - measurement of derived-protein from pollen and other sources on textile products
- ISO/NP 5157 textiles - environmental aspects - vocabulary
- ISO/NP 5228 Textiles - measurement of emission mass of fibre debris from textile products for microplastics detection - domestic washing method
For more information on this committee's work, please see the Standards Development Portal.