In this course, we look at the process of drafting a standard. This one-day overview is designed to help those who are responsible for shaping the content of standards of national origin and for those taking part in European or international Working Groups. Join us if you’re interested in the answers to such questions as:
- what’s the difference between normative and informative?
- do the clauses in standards always appear in the same order?
- since when has the word ‘standardization’ been spelled with a ‘z’?
- why is a decimal point used in figures for some standards published by BSI, but a comma in others?
- should you use the word ‘must’ in a standard, or must you use ‘should’?