Press release - 28th January 2013
“The Green Deal launches to the public today and we believe the consumer and business take-up will build throughout 2013 as awareness and confidence grows.
One of the key factors for the success of the Green Deal initiative is consumer trust and BSI has played a key role in ensuring this by:
- Supporting the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) with the development and publication of a Green Deal installation standard, PAS 2030, intended to instil confidence into property owners and encourage installers to take advantage of the initiative which will help to create jobs and stimulate economic growth
- Today, issuing a revision of PAS 2030 to meet new Government code of practice and have launched a digital service via our online shop to improve accessibility to the standard and provide free updates to all users of the PAS for 12 months from purchase
- Being a UKAS accredited certification body for the Green Deal to certify installers and advisors.
- Developing the Kitemark for Energy Efficient Buildings, which incorporates the requirements of the Green Deal quality mark but additionally includes a greater focus on customer service
- Relevant Kitemark certified products meet the Green Deal product requirements
The public adoption of the Green Deal will not only improve UK property but will drive down energy bills and cut carbon emissions.
The awareness and adoption of this scheme by everyone involved is now critical to its success.”