Good for Business: New BSI SME Guide published
6 May 2009
BSI has published a new SME guide to standardization, designed to introduce small businesses to British and international standards and showcase organizations benefiting from standardization. Publication of the guide, which is available free of charge, coincides with European SME Week. Find out how SMEs can and have taken advantage of standards with the help of BSI.
Good for Business: The small business guide to standards explains the business benefits of using a range of universal standards. These include business continuity management, sustainability, innovation and customer service standards which can be applied by any organization, regardless of sector.
Case studies included in the guide demonstrate how small businesses are benefitting from using standards:
• Discover the benefits to a consulting structural engineering company of following around 30 standards in the course of its day-to-day work.
• Learn how a remediation contractor for brownfield sites is using health and safety standards to improve its success in tendering for new work.
• Find out how a financial planning company, with two employees, has used customer service standards to boost business.
Good for Business also contains advice on getting involved in the standards-making process and information on the Kitemark® and CE marking.
Discounted BSI membership during European SME Week
BSI is offering a discounted membership joining fee for SMEs (250 or fewer employees) during European SME Week. Benefits of BSI membership include:
• discounted standards
• free BSI electronic catalogue
• inclusion in BSI’s members online directory
• access to BSI knowledge centre
• free subscription to Business Standards magazine
• free subscription to Update Standards magazine
Discounted BSI conference rate
BSI is offering a reduced SME rate for conferences taking place from June 2009 onwards. Find out more about our numerous conferences and events