BSI calls for comments in major stakeholder survey
26 May 2009
This month BSI is conducting a major survey of its stakeholders to gather their thoughts on standards and standardization.
BSI’s subscribing members and committee members, trade associations, government departments and other standards users have all been invited to share their thoughts. As the final week of the survey approaches, BSI is urging all those with an interest in standards to contribute their opinion.
Mike Low, Director, Standards, BSI, said: “In facing the big challenges of the 21st century – an economic downturn, globalization, the search for sustainable energy and new efficient technologies - BSI needs to understand more about how our stakeholders use and view standards so that we continue to reflect the needs of the UK. I urge anyone with an interest in standards to take this opportunity to tell us what you think.”
The results of the survey will be shared with key stakeholders and will help to shape the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) Strategic Plan for 2011-2015.
BSI is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,400 staff operating in over 120 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
• The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
• Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
• Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark and CE marking to UK, European and International standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 17 New Approach EU Directives
• Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
• Performance management software solutions
• Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com