27 October 2009
BSI, the global standards, certification and assessment provider, has certified Business Continuity Planning Asia Pte Ltd (BCP Asia) to two Business Continuity Management (BCM) standards. BCP, provider of BCM training and consultancy services is the first company in the world to achieve certification to both the British Standard, BS 25999, and Singapore BCM Standard SS540:2008.
The dual certification demonstrates BCP Asia’s commitment to developing a comprehensive and robust BCM programme for its customers. It is evidence of BCP Asia’s heightened business resiliency and preparedness to react and its ability to maintain core business functions and services in the event of a disruption or crisis.
BS 25999 was the world’s first BCM standard when it was published in 2006. It is designed to help organizations maintain their operations during the most challenging and unexpected circumstances. The Singapore BCM Standard SS540:2008 is designed to assist Singapore-based companies build local resilience and capability for an effective response to disruption.
Alwi Hafiz, MD of BSI Asia, said: “BSI is delighted to have awarded BCP Asia this dual certification which demonstrates BCP’s great dedication and commitment to the implementation of BCM practices. As the first organization to achieve this accolade, BCP Asia now stands to gain a significant competitive advantage.”
Mr Henry Ee, Director and founder of BCP Asia, said: “Having personally participated in the audit, our BCM consultants are now better equipped with knowledge, skills and experience to assist our clients in establishing a more robust BCM framework that complies with the requirements of BS 25999 and Singapore BCM Standards SS540:2008.”
- ENDS -
BSI is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,300 staff operating in over 120 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
- The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
- Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
- Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark and CE marking to UK, European and international standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 15 New Approach EU Directives
- Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
- Performance management software solutions
- Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com