BSI Inspectorate Appoints New Commercial Director
25th February 2004
BSI Inspectorate, a leading testing and analysis company, has appointed Mark Faulkner as new commercial director of its Metals and Minerals activities globally. Mark joins BSI Inspectorate on 1st March 2004.
BSI Inspectorate is the leading umpire laboratory for metals assay across a broad range of materials from non-ferrous and base metals to precious metals, coal, coke and steel.
Chris Fenton, the managing director of BSI Inspectorate says: "Mark’s track record in senior management for Burmah Castrol, GE Capital and other leading companies, provides him with valuable experience in a wide range of business arenas. This is key to him delivering an even more customer-focused approach to our services. We are delighted to have him on board."
Commenting on his appointment Mark says: "This is an exciting time for me to be joining BSI Inspectorate. The team is already creating a wealth of new opportunities through growing the business infrastructure and attracting new people. Plus because Inspectorate is independent and a company with integrity I can offer a highly flexible and trustworthy approach to doing future business."
Mark will be based at the Witham Office, 2 Perry road, Essex, CM8 3TU. Tel: +44 1376 515 081 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSI GROUP INFORMATION
BSI Group is an international provider of services to businesses and other organisations. All our business units are working to the same vision of supporting business improvement and trade world-wide. Through provision of standards, technical information, systems assessment, product testing and commodity inspection services, BSI supplies vital third-party services that enable its customers to trade effectively and to improve their operations and products.
Founded in the UK, in 1901, the BSI Group is now a global company made up of five complementary business units:
- BSI Inspectorate, a global inspection company providing independent verification services to the global commodities market and industry. Inspectorate joined the BSI Group in 1998, which has its main offices in London, with operations from Houston to Singapore.
- British Standards is the National Standards Body of the UK. Through engagement and collaboration with its stakeholders, it develops standards and applies innovative standardization solutions to meet the needs of business and society.
- BSI Business Information focuses on providing standards information and dynamic services that add value to business standards, best practice and management systems.
- BSI Management Systems, a provider of certification to management systems is based at BSI’s headquarters in the UK. Following the 2002 purchase of the North American systems assessment business of KPMG, BSI Inc, based in Reston, Virginia, is the largest company providing management systems certification in North America. Management Systems also has regional headquarters in Hong Kong to service the network of offices in the Asian-Pacific region.
- BSI Product Services, based in Hemel Hempstead, UK, provides product-testing and awards Kitemark conformity certification and CE marking. The Kitemark is a BSI registered trademark.
For more information please contact:
Wilma Tulloch on +44 (0)20 8996 6330 OR
Marc Edney on +44 (0)20 8996 6330BSI