30th June 2003
BSI British Standards is pleased to announce the appointment of David Williams as Market Development Manager (MDM) responsible for Building & Construction. David Williams takes up his role immediately and will work on the development of market strategy in the building and construction industry.
BSI British Standards is the UK's National Standards Body and a leading member of European and international standards organisations. It provides the infrastructure and expertise required to develop standards for products, services, management systems and test methods many of which are relevant to the building and construction industry.
David Williams has eighteen years experience in the construction industry and his expertise includes M&E projects, operations, marketing, sales and business development. He joins BSI British Standards from ABB and has also worked with PSA, Siemens and Aukett Europe.
Commenting on the appointment, Ingrid Waloff, General Manager of Standards Development said, "I am delighted that David is joining BSI British Standards. David brings a wealth of experience in the building and construction industry which is one of our key sectors."
Wilma Tulloch on +44 (0)20 8996 6330 OR
Marc Edney on +44 (0)20 8996 6330
BSI GROUP INFORMATION
BSI Group believes in the universal adoption of best management practices, reduction of risk throughout the trading process and the harmonisation and acceptance of international standards by consent as a means of achieving economic prosperity and releasing the potential in all businesses to deliver excellence.
Founded in 1901 in the UK the BSI Group is now a global company made up of five complementary business units:
- British Standards, the UK's national standards body, is based in London, UK. It creates and updates national and international standards, reflecting the needs of stakeholders, including UK businesses and consumers.
- Business Information, a provider of information on standards and associated material.
- Management Systems, a provider of certification to management systems is based at BSI's headquarters in the UK. Following the 2002 purchase of the North American systems assessment business of KPMG, BSI Inc, based in Reston, Virginia, is the largest company providing management systems certification in North America. Management Systems also has regional headquarters in Hong Kong to service the network of offices in the Asian-Pacific region.
- Product Services, based in Hemel Hempstead, UK, provides product-testing and awards Kitemark conformity certification and CE marking. The Kitemark is a BSI registered trademark.
Inspectorate, the leading independent inspection and analysis company, joined the BSI Group in 1998.
- Inspectorate has its main offices in Witham, UK; Houston, Texas and Singapore.
BSI Group is an international provider of services to businesses and other organisations. All our business units are working to the same vision of supporting business improvement and trade world-wide. Through provision of standards, technical information, systems assessment, product testing and commodity inspection services, BSI supplies vital third-party services that enable its customers to trade effectively and to improve their operations and products.
In 2002 the Group's turnover was £232.8 million (US$370 million).
Sir David John KCMG, group chairman BSI Group, was appointed in July 2002.
For further information about BSI, please visit our website: