BSI Inspectorate appoints Business Director
30th June 2003
BSI is pleased to announce that John Hodson has been appointed to the newly created position of BSI Inspectorate Business Director for West Europe, Middle East and Africa; he takes up his post immediately.
John Hodson joins BSI Inspectorate from ITS where he had over 15
years experience of regional management responsibility in the Oil and Petroleum sector; working Singapore, Dubai, Houston and Africa. John will have management responsibility for BSI Inspectorate businesses in Western Europe, Middle East, India and Africa.
John Hodson will be based at BSI Inspectorate's UK HQ in Witham, reporting to Chris Fenton, BSI Inspectorate Managing Director Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Commenting on Mr Hodson's appointment Chris Fenton said: "I am delighted to welcome John to this important new position. John will play a central part in developing BSI Inspectorate's business strategy for some of our key markets."
Speaking on his appointment John Hodson said: "This is an exciting time for BSI Inspectorate. I am looking forward to the challenges ahead and to building on BSI Inspectorate's enviable reputation as we continue to build our business in new and existing markets."
Wilma Tulloch on +44 (0)20 8996 6330 OR
Marc Edney on +44 (0)20 8996 6330
Notes for Editors:
Mr Hodson is married with four children and lives in the UK.
BSI Group believes in the universal adoption of best management practices, reduction of risk throughout the trading process and the harmonisation and acceptance of international standards by consent as a means of achieving economic prosperity and releasing the potential in all businesses to deliver excellence.
Founded in 1901 in the UK the BSI Group is now a global company made up of five complementary business units:
- British Standards, the UK's national standards body, is based in London, UK. It creates and updates national and international standards, reflecting the needs of stakeholders, including UK businesses and consumers.
- Business Information, a provider of information on standards and associated material.
- Management Systems, a provider of certification to management systems is based at BSI's headquarters in the UK. Following the 2002 purchase of the North American systems assessment business of KPMG, BSI Inc, based in Reston, Virginia, is the largest company providing management systems certification in North America. Management Systems also has regional headquarters in Hong Kong to service the network of offices in the Asian-Pacific region.
- Product Services, based in Hemel Hempstead, UK, provides product-testing and awards
- Kitemark conformity certification and CE marking. The Kitemark is a BSI registered trademark.
Inspectorate, the leading independent inspection and analysis company, joined the BSI Group in 1998. Inspectorate has its main offices in Witham, UK; Houston, Texas and Singapore.
BSI Group is an international provider of services to businesses and other organisations. All our business units are working to the same vision of supporting business improvement and trade world-wide. Through provision of standards, technical information, systems assessment, product testing and commodity inspection services, BSI supplies vital third-party services that enable its customers to trade effectively and to improve their operations and products.
In 2002 the Group's turnover was £232.8 million (US$370 million).
Sir David John KCMG, group chairman BSI Group, was appointed in July 2002.
For further information about BSI, please visit our website:www.bsi-global.com