BSI appoints MD for the EMEA region of BSI Management Systems
27 January 2003
BSI is pleased to announce the appointment of Neil Hannah as Managing Director for the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region of BSI Management Systems. Mr Hannah commenced with BSI on Monday 20 January 2003.
Mr Hannah has fifteen years experience of general management in substantial PLC's and private companies. During the course of his career he has worked for Landis & Gyr, GEC, Wagon Industrial Holdings and the Thorn Lighting Group. Most recently, he held the position of Managing Director at Bonar Plastics Europe, a part of Low & Bonar plc.
Mr Hannah will be responsible for the delivery of BSI's certification and assessment services, driving expansion across Europe, and the consolidation of a long-term strategy for the Management Systems & Product Testing divisions of the BSI Group which include the Kitemark and CE Marking. He will report to Nick Moy, Managing Director BSI Management Systems.
Commenting on Mr Hannah's appointment, Nick Moy said: "I am delighted that Neil is joining BSI. It is an exciting and challenging time for the company and I am sure Neil will provide leadership underpinned by a wealth of experience that will enable the team to achieve its goals."
Notes for Editors
- Neil Hannah is 47, married with three children.
- Nick Moy has been MD BSI Management Systems since 1999
- The BSI Group is the world leader in standards, commodity inspection services, product testing and quality management services.
- The BSI Group operates in 110 countries, and in 2001 its turnover was some UK£235 million (US$370 million)
- BSI Management Systems is BSI's certification, systems assessment and product testing division. It specializes in implementing and assessing management systems to deliver independent assurance and business improvement. BSI pioneered the development of the world's most popular management system series ISO 9000 which has now been adopted by half-a-million organisations world wide.
- BSI Management Systems has more than 40,000 clients worldwide including Vodafone, Ericsson, Sony, NEC, 3M Healthcare, Eastman Kodak and Smile - the internet bank.