ISO 45001:2018 Requirements and Internal Auditor Training Course
Learn how to embed continual improvement at the heart of your organization through an ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS). The new standard is an opportunity for organizations to align their strategic direction and increase focus on improving health and safety performance.
Identify the structure and requirements of an effective management system, and what this means for you. Gain a thorough understanding of the history and development of ISO 45001, key terms, definitions, and the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
Training provided and run by a Certification Body (CB). BSI are the National Standards Body of the United Kingdom.
This training combines our ISO 45001 Requirements and Internal Auditing training courses.
The BSI Training Academy can teach you the essential knowledge and skills an internal auditor needs, along with the areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools.
The adoption of an OH&S MS is intended to help an organization to continually improve its OH&S performance, fulfill legal and other requirements, and achieve its OH&S objectives. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective OH&S MS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills necessary to assess an organization’s ability to achieve these intended outcomes.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the implementation and effectiveness of processes based on ISO 45001. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter), performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software, product testing, information products and training). Training courses are provided by BSI as part of its non-NSB services.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising, of an ISO 45001 management system.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- What is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Why an OH&S MS is important to an organization and its benefits
- The background of ISO 45001 and its intended outcome
- The terms and definitions used
- The key concepts and structure of ISO 45001
- The main requirements of ISO 45001
- The guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 45001
Have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 45001
- Manage risks and opportunities, to both health and safety and to your OH&S MS, and thereby drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that occupational health and safety is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain workers and customers by meeting their current and future needs better
- Recognize areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 45001 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 45001 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s ability to manage its OH&S (and OH&S MS) risks and opportunities, and achieve its intended outcomes for its OH&S MS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions.
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate