BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 for Sites
This two-day training course gives technical, quality and operations staff from manufacturers, retailers, and food service companies the opportunity to form a clear understanding of the protocols and requirements of the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety Issue 8, including audit planning, and the events during and after the audit.
Who should attend?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 training course aims to provide beneficial understanding to staff from manufacturers; food service companies and retailers. Technical and quality managers; consultants; internal audit team leaders, internal audit team members and BRCGS Global Standards Approved Training Partners.
To make the most of the training course, delegates should aim to read and review a copy of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety, Issue 8, which is available to download free of charge from the BRCGS Bookshop.
What will I learn?
By attending BSI’s delivery of a BRCGS Standard for Food Safety Issue 8, 2 Day Training Course you should gain increased confidence and understanding of:
- The background and benefits of the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety.
- The details of the scheme including audit scope and planning for the audit and the Global Markets programme.
- How an audit is closed, what corrective actions are and how certificates are issued.
- The current compliance monitoring of certification bodies by BRCGS Standards.
- The benefits of being listed on the BRCGS Global Standards Directory.
Upon successful completion of the course and exam, you shall be presented with a certificate of achievement indicating that you have gained skills and knowledge to:
- Know about different audit options that are available including the unannounced scheme.
- Know in detail the Standard’s core requirements including fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
How will I benefit?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised scheme. The popular Standard is accepted as a benchmark for food safety worldwide and is often a core requirement of the supplier approval process for food retail and manufacturing. Successful completion of this course will assist technical and quality staff in demonstrating competency and understanding of this standard.
- Detailed course notes
- Upon successful completion of an exam, you will be awarded with a certificate of achievement