Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM®) training course
Why become a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)?
The California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) came into effect in 2020, Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in place since 2018. With more and more privacy laws being revised and established all around the world, are you equipped for the new privacy compliance challenge that’s here to stay?
Among the various mandates in new privacy laws is the obligation to appoint knowledgeable privacy professionals (or even Data Protection Officers (DPO)) tasked with advising the business, monitoring compliance, managing internal privacy activities, training staff, conducting audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for privacy and data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPM credential shows that you have a comprehensive knowledge of how privacy and data protection programs should work across an organization. Add a CIPP/E or CIPT credential and prove that you not only can manage a data protection programs, but you understand the regulations that govern and the technologies that support them.
Duration: 2 days
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Managers
- Information Managers
- Anyone involved with data protection processes and programmes
What will I learn?
- How to create a company vision
- How to structure the privacy team
- How to develop and implement a privacy program framework
- How to communicate to stakeholders
- How to measure performance
- The privacy program operational lifecycle
How will I benefit?
- Be recognized as an experienced privacy program manager
- Gain the confidence to interpret privacy regulations and make them work for an organization
- Understand best practice approach to establish, maintain and manage a privacy program across all stages of its lifecycle
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- 1 year's IAPP membership
- Exam costs included*
* Please note that whilst exam costs are covered within the fee of this course, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website